Monday 25 June 2012

Success Criteria for Cubbies (Kindergarten)

In our kindergarten classroom we have cubbies.  There are days, early in the school year, where you can't see the floor!  Coats, boots, shoes, backpacks, lunchpails, extra clothes and papers are strewn anywhere and everywhere.  In theory, that nice looking cubby with a cute sticker label for each child would be EASY to keep tidy, right?  Ha ha... I wish I took a picture of the "before" cubbies.  I don't have a photo, but here is what they look like


In order to keep them neat, I involved the students in making a chart that included everything we needed to think about when we were leaving our cubby area.  We brainstormed ideas and this is what we came up with.


We refer to the chart over and over and over again early in the year and it works WONDERS!  When I did the chart in class, I drew the pictures beside the sentences. Later, I took pictures and glued them on to make it more "real" to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment