Thursday 5 July 2012

Kissing Hand activities

These are all activities from my website from years ago.  Some of you might be interested so I thought I would share here in the blogging world (which, I'm sure you can tell, I'm new at!)

The Kissing Hand is a back to school favourite in the primary grades, and I've often started off September with a lot of learning focusing on the book.


Here is a cute Kissing Hand Graphing and Spinner Activity for you to download (CLICK HERE)



This is a clothespin counting activity.  Have students count the "kissing hands" on each card and then place a clothespin on the correct number. Place a small heart sticker on the back of the correct number for self checking!  (CLICK HERE)

Next I have a Kissing Hand math mat.  Use heart shaped erasers as counters to add to your mat. Roll a die or choose a number from a bag and add the corresponding number of heart erasers to the handprints. Teach one to one correspondence and numeration! (CLICK HERE)


Kids love playing concentration!  Here's one for the Kissing Hand (CLICK HERE).  Print two copies of this activity, cut out and laminate. Lay the pictures upside down and then flip over two at a time. If you get a match, then you keep the cards!


So I'm out of time for now, but I have more activities for you to see...  Either check out my Kissing Hand Page on my old website at www.play2learnprintables.com   or click "Follow" on my blog so that you can see the rest without having to click... I'll be putting it up later today!

Thanks for checking out my blog!  I hope to make this a great resource!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing you resources! GOD bless you!
    2016-17 is my first year teaching kindergarten and the activities that you are sharing will be a great start on the first three days!

    ReplyDelete